Friday, December 13, 2019

Faster And Lighter

This week I ran five days in a row for a total of 25 miles. This morning I decided to just do four miles, but cranked up the treadmill to 6:58 pace for 30 minutes. And let me tell you, it felt hard. It was my fastest treadmill run in I do not even know how long, and I also think psychologically there is something about knowing you are running at sub-7:00 pace. But I survived, which is the most important thing. I also weighed myself this morning and I am just over 176 pounds, which is pretty close to an ideal racing weight. Obviously there is a ton of time remaining before the marathon, but it feels pretty good to know I am below 180 well before the calorie-killing long runs begin.

One quick note on getting into the marathon. On the one hand it was anticlimactic, as I planned to just take a charity spot if I did not make it in through the lottery. On the other hand, it is nice to know I will not have to worry about fundraising (not that it is particularly difficult in my experience, but there is a time commitment involved). I am already really looking forward to Spring when I can run outside again and do some races to assess my fitness...

No comments: