Saturday, October 9, 2021

It All Comes Down To This

Tomorrow morning I will be running in the Chicago Marathon, which will be the culmination of nearly a year and a half of training. This will be my fifth marathon, and quite honestly I have never gone into a marathon feeling so confident. My confidence is based on a simple fact: I have never prepared so well for a marathon, not even close. With the exception of the cut back weeks I consistently put in 55-60 miles a week, including running six days a week, a weekly speed workout, and a weekly long run. Three of my long runs were 20+ miles, and I had a handful in the 18-19 mile range as well. I am also 100% healthy--no "niggles" whatsoever. Oh, and I ran 69:47 in a ten mile race and 1:31:42 in a half marathon. So it's just a question of executing tomorrow. We will see how it goes, but at the end of the day I know with 100% certainty I am as well prepared as I possibly can be, and there is a level of solace in that fact alone.

No comments: