Saturday, March 26, 2022

Hurt Again...

So as I mentioned in my last post my left knee has felt really balky for the past several weeks, basically since I moronically placed custom orthotics in my running shoes that are already designed to prevent overpronation. I managed to keep running through the discomfort until this past Thursday, when the pain was simply too much to continue to bear. I made an emergency appointment with my physical therapist, which was yesterday. The appointment went well: she does not think there is any structural damage, and after she worked on my knee it felt SIGNIFICANTLY better.

She wants me to take a few more days off before I start running again and had a couple of other recommendations, but quite honestly I was just really happy to hear there is no major damage. The good news is I currently do not have any races on the schedule so this is as good of a time as any to take a break. The key thing will be truly easing back into running next week and not pushing things too hard too soon, which I feel is typically my challenge.

No comments: