Saturday, August 27, 2022

Here We Go Again...

So tomorrow is the Chicago Triathlon and I am super excited. My training has been very consistent over the past several weeks, and I even managed to get three swimming lessons in and an open water swim last weekend. I am actually feeling MUCH more relaxed than I normally do before races, although I have to admit I had forgotten all of the logistics involved in doing a triathlon. I am putting all my stuff together tonight and still need to figure out exactly when and how I am going to head downtown for the race.

I am also really confident I can throw a really fast race down. The swim is a bit of a wildcard (I am guessing it will be somewhere in the 15-16 minute range), but I feel really locked in on the bike and run. Plus I will be debuting my super deep aero front wheel, so even if I don't RIDE fast I will at least LOOK fast. As for the run, I am definitely shooting for a sub-7:00 pace 5K, which based off of my brick workouts should be realistic. One thing I can say for certain is I am not leaving ANYTHING on the course tomorrow!

No comments: