Saturday, July 30, 2022

Update

I have now been running for the past several weeks 100% injury-free, which has been a wonderful feeling. I am typically running six days a week and riding twice a week, including one ride into the office (14.5 miles) and one longer weekend ride (20-30 miles) with a 5K run afterwards. Today I rode a little over 20 miles at 18.8 MPH and then ran 7:07 pace for the 5K, which was my fastest post-bike run of the summer. 

With the Chicago Triathlon just over a month away I am probably going to take a few swim lessons just to get my stroke back. I strongly considered just muscling my way through the half mile swim, but I do not think it is a great idea to have my first swim in over two years be the actual race. I am still looking to add another sprint triathlon or 5K to my race schedule. I was planning to a duathlon in Naperville next weekend but by the time I finally decided to do it the race was sold out. That's it for now...

No comments: