Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Picking Up The Pace (A Little)

Yesterday I did a half hour on the treadmill at 7.6 MPH, or 7:54/mile pace. I really did not notice any difference from last week when I did my runs at 8:00/mile pace, which is good. I always start my run training by adding 0.1 MPH a week until I get down to low 7:00/mile pace (in really good years, sub-7:00), which I have found is a nice way to get my legs used to running again. I spent entirely too much time on http://www.slowtwitch.com/ today and found a lengthy forum thread about a guy who did the swim portion of Ironman Florida with fins -- needless to say, it was entertaining stuff. Oh, and I just got a bunch of new running tops -- four from UnderArmour and one from Nike. And no, I didn't get the cheesy supertight UnderArmour ones that you see people wearing at the gym. Here is a picture of one of the new tops -- WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE (not sure how that is applicable to triathlons, but why not)...

No comments: