Friday, January 11, 2008

Back On The Bike

Last night I was planning on riding my bike on the trainer for the first time since early last year. Unfortunately I could not find the special skewer for my back wheel, so I ended up having to bag that idea and lift weights instead, doing back, biceps, and some abs. I left work a bit early today and walked down to Sid's Bikes in Manhattan before heading back to Hoboken. I was fully prepared to pay for a new skewer, but they gave me a used one for free, which was nice of them! I guess putting a link to their store is my way of paying them back (assuming, of course, anyway is actually reading this). I got home and did a pretty intense hour on the trainer. I was sweating a ton and burned over 900 calories. It also felt nice to be back on my actual bike. Oh, and I weighed myself after the workout -- I am down to 185 pounds, so it looks like the diet is working so far! Anyway, below are my training totals for the week:
  • 2 runs (1 hour)
  • 1 trainer session (1 hour)
  • 2 weightlifting sessions (2 hours)

No comments: