Thursday, January 17, 2008

Getting Back The Eye Of The Tiger

This has been a very good week of training. I am definitely starting to feel my body coming around, and more importantly, I am starting to mentally get back into triathlon training. This week I ran twice on the treadmill at 7:53/mile pace, with the last couple of minutes at 6:59/mile pace. The 7:53/mile part of the run felt incredibly comfortable and easy, so I am going to start adding 0.1 miles/hour to the pace each week (I started the first two weeks at 8:00/mile pace, and was considering increasing the pace it every two weeks for a while). I had two good weightlifting sessions at the gym, and made it through a tough (albeit, short) spinning class during lunch time today with no problems (nor sportsdrink -- I have to remember next time to get some before I head into class). I weighed myself today, and I am down to 184 lbs. -- my reduced sugar diet seems like to be paying off. Oh, and I signed up for the masters swim program at Stevens Institute, so I finally get back into the water very soon. Below are my training stats for this week:
  • 2 runs (1 hour)
  • 1 spinning class (40 minutes)
  • 2 weighlifting sessions (2 hours)

No comments: