Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Getting Big

Sorry I have been negligent with the blog posts lately -- busy, busy, busy. I had a solid week of training last week, adding another run, an intense spin class, another weightlifting session, and a 30 minute session on the elliptical machine on Friday for a total of six workouts in the week. Below are my training totals from last week:
  • 2 runs (1 hour)
  • 1 spin class (40 minutes)
  • 1 cardio session (30 minutes)
  • 2 weightlifting sessions (2 hours)

I took the weekend off and then hit the weights yesterday, doing chest and triceps. I am continuing to regain strength in my chest -- last night Ibenched 205 lbs six times again, and put up 225 three times. That is just one less repetition at 225 than I used to do at my weightlifting peak two years ago. I think it has something to do with my gym, which has a ridiculous number of huge guys. I have literally gone from being one of the strongest people at my old gym in Chicago to being one of the weaker ones at this gym. Last night at one point there were three different guys doing 225 or more on the bench press -- at the same time. And Congress seems to think steroids and HGH are only a professional sports problem...

No comments: